Want to earn up to £100 per week, whilst gaining a valuable qualification and work experience? Then this role could be for you!
WHAT ARE APPRENTICESHIPS?
As employees, apprentices earn a wage and work alongside experienced staff to gain job-specific skills. Apprentices receive training to work towards nationally recognised qualifications such as an NVQ. Anyone living in England, over 16 years-old and not in full-time education can apply.
Apprenticeships normally take around 6-12 months to complete depending on the level of Apprenticeship, the apprentices’ ability and the industry sector. Pay is usually £90-100 per week and no tax and national insurance is payable as this falls below the lower earnings limit for contributions.
There are lots of benefits to doing an Apprenticeship. You can earn while you learn, and learn in a way that is best suited to you – through hands-on experience on the job. Key benefits of being an apprentice include;
- earning a salary
- getting paid holidays
- receiving training
- gaining qualifications
- learning job-specific skills
To find out more about Apprenticeships, visit http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/
The Vintage Charm Company create bespoke silver jewellery and gifts featuring the fingerprint impression or hand or foot print of a child or loved one. We sell our products at mother and toddler sessions, children’s play centres, school/nursery events and exhibitions. We also have a website where customers can purchase products and can host parties for groups where orders can be taken. As a business, we are now 16 months old and require a Business Administrator to assist us with the management of this busy and expanding business.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE?
As a Business Administrator Apprentice, you will get the chance to be involved with some exciting projects and will be at the heart of our business keeping everything ticking over nicely. You will enjoy autonomy in this role and will have the chance to be part of a rapidly expanding business. This is an exciting and varied role which gives you the opportunity to get vital and varied experience to improve your future employment prospects. You will develop strong marketing, administrative, sales, customer service and creative skills and will also get a flavour for how to run a small company. This role would therefore be particularly useful for any entrepreneurs out there who may be interested in setting up their own business in the future!
We operate from a residential address in Bromsgrove with a studio and office which will be your place of employment. You will be required to attend events at other venues and locations on an occasional basis such as exhibitions and shows. We are committed to your development and offer full and comprehensive training. We will work with you to ensure you are performing to your best and learning new skills as well as developing your existing skills. You will study for a NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration and will be qualified after between 6 and 12 months. And the good news is, it’s likely you will be far more employable than your counterparts without work experience after completing your Apprenticeship.
Your role as a Business Administrator will include the following tasks:
1. Carrying out research on the internet and by telephone to locate suppliers, costs, venue information, exhibition details and other useful information to ensure successful operation of The Vintage Charm Company.
2.Responsible for ordering stock and supplies and logging all invoices and other expenses on spreadsheets.
3. Designing and printing information and promotional graphics and literature including tables, graphs and posters.
4. Writing and sending letters to customers. suppliers and partners, to promote products, provide updates, confirm sessions bookings and provide confirmation of any actions to be taken.
5. Respond to telephone calls, emails and enquiries from customers, suppliers and partners.
6. Ensure Facebook, Website and Twitter are updated with regular updates, feedback, session times and other useful information.
7. Keep mileage log, customer database, sales reports and other spreadsheets up to date.
8. Liaise with customers to ensure the effective organisation of parties.
9. Attend sessions and exhibitions as required to assist with set up and customer queries, orders etc.
10. Prepare Party Packs, Goodie Bags, Fingerprint Impression Gift Packs for distribution to customers.
11. Ensure stationary and other equipment is replenished on a regular basis.
12. Package and prepare orders for despatch to customers.
13. Assisting with design and roll out of marketing campaigns.
14. Assist with co-ordination of new product launches.
15. Provide full administrative support for franchise programme.
16. Improve existing systems and implement new systems to ensure they are fit for purpose and effective.
17. Process silver charms to fulfil customer orders.
Please send an e-mail to express an interest in this role to: email@example.com telling us a little about yourself and why you’re interested in this job. We will review all interested parties and send application forms out within the next 2 weeks.