The Vintage Charm Company create bespoke silver jewellery and gifts featuring the fingerprint impression or hand or foot print of a child or loved one. We are based in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire and sell our products at mother and toddler sessions, children’s play centres, school/nursery events and exhibitions and also on-line.
As a business, we are almost 2 years old now and are offering the chance for 15-16 year olds to join us for some work experience. We have two vacancies for November and two further vacancies for the spring term. Hours are to be confirmed, but we anticipate each student being available to work between 14 and 30 hours as part of their placement (2 to 4 days).
This is an exciting opportunity which gives you the chance to get vital and varied work experience to improve your future employment prospects. You will develop administrative and organisations skills as well as customer service and creative skills and will get a flavour for how a company runs. This placement would therefore be particularly useful for those with a creative or arty side! We will write a tailored reference for you to use to show future employers or colleges and this is a great role to have on your CV to present to universities or potential employers.
During this work experience, you’ll get the chance to be involved with some exciting projects and will be at the heart of our business working from our studio on The Oakalls, Bromsgrove. We are committed to your development and will work with you to ensure you are performing to the best of your ability and learning new skills as well as developing your existing skills.
During your placement you will perform the following tasks:
1. Designing, printing and laminating information and promotional graphics and literature including tables, graphs and posters.
2. Organisation within The Vintage Charm Company studio to ensure the effective running of the business.
3. Prepare Party Packs, Goodie Bags, Fingerprint Impression Gift Packs and hand and footprint gift packs for distribution to customers.
4. Ensure stationary and other equipment is replenished.
5. Package and prepare orders for despatch to customers.
6. Prepare Christmas Packaging for orders being sent out as Gifts.
7. Make children’s bead gift tins for Christmas Fayres and events.
8. Distributing leaflets.
9. Helping prepare jewellery and products.
To apply please complete the form below. We will get back to you as soon as we have considered your application.